Monday, August 12, 2013

Why write?

Why write....

This will be my second attempt at creating a blog where I can share my growing skill set as a candidate for ordination, student, teacher, and father. I think there are many roles which we own, hence an intersection of faith, life, and love.

This past week, I have been at Seminary - an experience which I will post on from time to time. My morning class is Christian History, but my afternoon class is "Methods of Interreligious and Intercultural Encounter". 

Part of this class has included "fast writes", which is my opportunity to both share and hear from my colleagues reflecting on the current topic, whether it be a poem, a movie, or just general class discussion. For the purposes of confidentiality, I will not share what was discussed in that sacred space.

However, I think there is a sacred space out there in the world which we share with our sisters and brothers, regardless of their faith or culture. Hence, the name of my title: Contextual Christianity. 

I believe we experience our Christianity in context of our histories, our current cultural dynamics, and the cultural dynamics of others. Pardon the phrase, but I think our contextual Christianity evolves over time. That increases both our awareness of ourselves and others, and deepens our faith.

It is my hope through my "blogging" that I can share more about myself, my family, my educational experience, and ultimately my faith, for I believe that all of those pieces intersect to who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment